Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Sometimes things have a way of working out....

....like the story of the triplet goats with not enough milk and the doe that lost her twins.

Meet Elgin...


...and his new Mommy, Bonnie.


Bonnie lost her twins about 3 weeks ago.  We found them in the snow and are not sure exactly what happened.  We have been milking her each morning but her production was way down.  I was hoping with the coming of some expected goat kids that it would stimulate her milk production. 

Then a friend called, she had triplet bucks and was concerned because her does' milk seemed delayed coming in.  She was faced with bottle feeding and was willing to give one of the boys away.  We decided to give it a try and at worse we would just hold Bonnie on the milk stand while he nursed and supplement with bottles. 

I have to say though, that I am constantly amazed at the power of motherhood. 


"I don't know where he came from but I'll take him!"

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment